Today I have a Vicks Vapour Rub advertisement to share that came from a recently acquired 1948 hard-back book.
The Vicks Vapour Rub advertisement shows an image of a child being tucked up in bed by her mother and father; the tagline says: “Now she’ll sleep her cold away”.
This is an original scan of the advert:
This is my re-touched cleaner version that you can use for your media, art and craft projects:
- In 1890, pharmacist Lunsford Richardson (1854-1919) took over his brother-in-law Dr. Joshua Vick’s retail drug business.
- in 1905 Richardson sold 21 home remedies under the “Vicks” name; the best-selling version was the Vicks Croup and Pneumonia Salve.
- in 1912 Vicks Croup and Pneumonia Salve was rebranded as VapoRub.
- in 1919 Lunsford’s oldest son H. Smith Richardson, took over the presidency of the company after his father’s death.
- Vick Chemical Company was sold to Procter & Gamble and Procter & Gamble In 1985.
This is a photograph that I found of women working in the Vicks factory, North Carolina in 1942: