I have another fashion goody for you today in the form of a vintage Pringle advertisement from the 1950’s.
The vintage Pringle advertisement is a watercolour sketch of a woman wearing a pale blue short-sleeved sweater, buttoned up at the front with a small breast pocket and rounded collar. There’s 2 tag lines: “Pringle make sweaters lovelier” and “It’s not only the name that tells you it’s a Pringle”.
This is the original scan:
This is my re-touched, cleaner version:
- Robert Pringle established Pringle of Scotland in 1815.
- The knitwear company began in the town of Hawick, Scotland.
- The company originally produced knitted hosiery and underwear; they started producing cashmere as early as 1870.
- A Pringle cashmere twinset made the cover of vogue in 1955.
- Pringle received its Royal Warrant in 1956 awarded by Her Majesty the Queen.
- Pringle celebrated its 200th anniversary in 2015.